I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi where I learned the three rules of life: Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
Happy Thursday, you pricks. There’s snow on the ground, cold winter bite in the air and Aaron Rodgers isn’t quite dead yet. Packer fans from all over are creaming in their shorts because their deity has been cleared to play. I, for one, am happy for them and don’t want anything to spoil their happiness. Who am I trying to kid? I totally want them to be disappointed in the most spectacular way. I want them going into the last week of the season, only needing a win over the LOLions to secure a spot in the playoffs. I want that game to go their way for 59 minutes and then I want Stafford to beat them with a hail Mary on the last second of the game. Sure, LKP will be unbearable, but he’s always that way. Dear Santa, if you’re listening…
Whatever, lets recap last week. Reggie was able to pick up a couple of points to stay in the lead. Dan, Glove and myself did just enough to stay in the top 5 while Potatoes put up a goose egg to fall to number six. Why did he fall you ask? Well it’s because LKP stormed into the top 5, number 2 behind Reggie (take that however you like) to be exact. That little TV destroyer picked up 6 points largely due to him nailing the Lions/Bucs game. Jmac and Curtis did some stuff too, but I know y’all aren’t interested in that. What we’re all waiting on is the lawyers of FYS (wouldn’t you love to have that calendar). BP, and his rebuilt shoulder scored a point and he now has 9 total points, which puts him 9 points ahead of SDL and MKE who have yet to score a point. Now, for all the numbers and breakdown and stuff.
WEEK FOURTEEN WRAP UP
- bp, 48, Green Bay Packers over Cleveland Browns
- LKP, 45, Detroit Lions over Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(Three weeks in a row for BP in this category. Safe to say, he owns it.)
Margin of Vctory:
- DanOnWis, Carolina Panthers over Minnesota Vikings by 7 points
- LKP, Detroit Lions over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- Reggie, Detroit Lions over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- thenichels, Detroit Lions over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
(See my name there? I’m a bigger deal than Big Deal.)
- jmac34, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 21 points in a loss vs. the Detroit Lions
- LKP, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 21 points in a loss vs. the Detroit Lions
- Curtis Fryer, Detroit Lions 24 points in a win vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- jmac34, Green Bay Packers 27 points in a win vs. the Cleveland Browns
- LKP, Green Bay Packers 27 points in a win vs. the Cleveland Browns
- LKP, Detroit Lions 24 points in a win vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Against The Grain:
- DanOnWis, Carolina Panthers over Minnesota Vikings (20.00%)
- Reggie, Chicago Bears over Cincinnati Bengals (10.00%)
- Staffords_Glove, Carolina Panthers over Minnesota Vikings (20.00%)
(Nate wanted this and still hasn’t gotten one.)
- LKP, Detroit Lions@Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(Get ready for a week of BOOMBAYA’s.)
|NCFN & NFCS Picks|
|FYS User||Total Points||CYST||Points Scored||Spread||ATG||Home||Visitor|
The above only represents games that involved the NFCN or NFCS. If you wish, the leader board for those who weren’t too “busy” to pick all the games is here. I’ve also stopped posting all of you who have yet to get a point in CYST. I know you claim that it is because you’re not picking the games, but we all know that it is because you suck.
Wondering why some of the names have a different background color? Well, that’s because a feature was added to the CYST site. If you click on My Account on the top right of the CYST site (when you’re logged in), you will see my todo list for that page, but also a color picker. If you choose a color there (and click update), that color will be the background on the site in tables where your name appears.
No NFCN/S game tonight. In fact, I’m expecting this to be the worst Thursday night game in the history of Thursday Night Football. I’ll probably pick lint out of my bellybutton instead of watching it. Don’t wait until Sunday to make your picks though as the Bears travel to Detroit for a Saturday game. Go, go make your picks. How do you get to the site so that you can pick games? Well, that’s a good question. If only there was a uniform resource locator in the form of a hyperlink.