I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi where I learned the three rules of life: Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
HOLY CRAP, DAN NAILED IT
His ego is probably bigger than your mom’s ass.
It’s Thursday again. The start of a new NFL week. Week 8. Most of you have lost the will to live, but some of us still have a team to cheer for. For those of you who pull for a team that is ded, allow me to say….LOL, SUCKS TO BE YOU! Why am I so upbeat? Well, I’ll tell you. Not only have the Saints gone on a 4 game win streak and own the top spot in the NFCS, but LSU is winning. I mean, LSU isn’t going anywhere this season, but I’m a bit impressed by their turnaround since that embarrassing loss to Troy and it gives me hope for next season. To top it all off, my high school team is 8-0 and ranked #2 in the state. Don’t believe me? Click here. COVINGTON HIGH FIGHTING LIONS! They win stuff, unlike the LOLions we’re familiar with. If they make it to state, I may fly down to catch the game in the Super Dome.
Enough about me. FYS had a good week picking scores and stuff. Reggie maintained his hold on first place, but with Dan’s big week, he jumped into second place and within one point of Reggie. Potatoes stayed at third while Glove leap frogged Horse for the fourth spot. I don’t know how he did it with his club food, but I believe it something to do with his magic penis. LKP even gained a point which means I’m going to have to come up with a way to take two points from him. The rest of you aren’t worthy enough to mention by name, so just look at the summary to see how you did.
WEEK SEVEN WRAP UP
- DanOnWis, 40, Minnesota Vikings over Baltimore Ravens
- thenichels, 40, Minnesota Vikings over Baltimore Ravens
(I’m totally validating Dan’s appearance here.)
Margin of Vctory:
- CJammin, Buffalo Bills over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- DanOnWis, Minnesota Vikings over Baltimore Ravens by 8 points
- LKP, Buffalo Bills over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- Reggie, Minnesota Vikings over Baltimore Ravens by 8 points
- Staffords_Glove, New Orleans Saints over Green Bay Packers by 9 points
(I really need a fluke here)
- bp, Minnesota Vikings 24 points in a win vs. the Baltimore Ravens
- Curtis Fryer, Green Bay Packers 17 points in a loss vs. the New Orleans Saints
- DanOnWis, Minnesota Vikings 24 points in a win vs. the Baltimore Ravens
- TheHairy1, Green Bay Packers 17 points in a loss vs. the New Orleans Saints
- thenichels, Chicago Bears 17 points in a win vs. the Carolina Panthers
- DanOnWis, Baltimore Ravens 16 points in a loss vs. the Minnesota Vikings
- Reggie, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27 points in a loss vs. the Buffalo Bills
- Staffords_Glove, Baltimore Ravens 16 points in a loss vs. the Minnesota Vikings
(Jesus, Andy is going to need more server space to store all these names)
Against The Grain:
(Nate still hasn’t done anything here)
- DanOnWis, Baltimore Ravens@Minnesota Vikings
(He probably cheated)
|NCFN & NFCS Picks|
|FYS User||Total Points||CYST||Points Scored||Spread||ATG||Home||Visitor|
|Established in 1965||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Maized And Confused||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
The above only represents games that involved the NFCN or NFCS. If you wish, the leader board for those who weren’t too “busy” to pick all the games is here. Pay close attention to MKE’s score.
Wondering why some of the names have a different background color? Well, that’s because a feature was added to the CYST site. If you click on My Account on the top right of the CYST site (when you’re logged in), you will see my todo list for that page, but also a color picker. If you choose a color there (and click update), that color will be the background on the site in tables where your name appears.
No NFCS or NFCN game tonight, but Miami is at Baltimore and that be a great game. By great I mean it will probably be better than shoving a rose stem with all its thorns up your pee hole. Maybe. Just go make your picks. How do you get to the site so that you can pick games? Well, that’s a good question. If only there was a uniform resource locator in the form of a hyperlink.