I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi where I learned the three rules of life: Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
Welcome to a special edition of CYST. Well, the only thing special about it is that it’s being published on a Wednesday instead of Thursday because of Thanksgiving. Should we call it CYSW for today? Y’all should really discuss that in the comments below. It could be one of the great FYS debates, right up there with pizza sauce as a topping.
Nice slate of games on Thanksgiving with NFCN/S divisional battles between the Bears/Lions and Falcons/Saints. Even the Redskins/Cowboys game has gotten a lot more interesting with Dallas climbing back in the NFCE race after 2 consecutive wins. Just an all around good day to stuff your face and watch football. I would like to nominate Thanksgiving as the best holiday ever, no matter what then native Americans think.
I think we all know by now, but just in case I would like to remind y’all. I CALLED THE PACKERS/BEARS’ GAME LAST WEEK. You may all now be jealous of me. Not that it compares to my monumental achievement, but others did some stuff: 0125 picked up 3 points, Nate picked up 2 and BSL, Gabes, BP, LoW, MiB & LKP each got a point. The rest of you suck and didn’t do anything.
WEEK 11 WRAP UP
- thenichels, 51, Seattle Seahawks over Green Bay Packers
(You’re going to be seeing my name a lot.)
Margin of Vctory:
- bp, New York Giants over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- Flavor Flav, Seattle Seahawks over Green Bay Packers by 3 points
- LambeauOrWrigley, New York Giants over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- thenichels, Seattle Seahawks over Green Bay Packers by 3 points
- thenichels, New York Giants over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
(See, there I am again.)
- 0125, Atlanta Falcons 19 points in a loss vs. the Dallas Cowboys
- BearsSaveLives, Seattle Seahawks 27 points in a win vs. the Green Bay Packers
- thenichels, Seattle Seahawks 27 points in a win vs. the Green Bay Packers
- Gabes22, Minnesota Vikings 20 points in a loss vs. the Chicago Bears
- natesweet, Green Bay Packers 24 points in a loss vs. the Seattle Seahawks
- natesweet, Minnesota Vikings 20 points in a loss vs. the Chicago Bears
- thenichels, Green Bay Packers 24 points in a loss vs. the Seattle Seahawks
(Oh, look, me again.)
Against The Grain:
- 0125, Dallas Cowboys over Atlanta Falcons (7.69%)
- 0125, Detroit Lions over Carolina Panthers (15.38%)
- LKP, Detroit Lions over Carolina Panthers (15.38%)
(These people are not graced with my presence.)
- thenichels, Green Bay Packers@Seattle Seahawks
(Me! Me! Me!)
|NCFN & NFCS Picks|
|FYS User||Total Points||CYST||Points Scored||Spread||ATG||Home||Visitor|
The above only represents games that involved the NFCN or NFCS. If you wish, the leader board for those who weren’t too “busy” to pick all the games is here. This only contains those of you who actually scored a point in CYST. Glove, you’re making it really hard to stand in your corner and continue cheering. Want to see your name here? Do better and stop sucking.
Wondering why some of the names have a different background color? Well, that’s because of a fantastic feature of the CYST site. If you click on My Account on the top right of the CYST site (when you’re logged in), you will see my todo list for that page, but also a color picker. If you choose a color there (and click update), that color will be the background on the site in tables where your name appears.
We have a NFCN and a NFCS game tomorrow; Chicago travels to Detroit (not voluntarily, the NFL is making them) and Atlanta will be in the Big Easy. Even if you don’t plan on watching them, you still should go make you picks now. Really, get on over to the CYST site and make your picks before you forget. Go, go make your picks. How do you get to the site so that you can pick games? Well, that’s a good question. If only there was a uniform resource locator in the form of a hyperlink.