I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi where I learned the three rules of life: Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
Here we are. The final week of the 2019 regular season. For some of us, football is over after Sunday. Not for me though as my team is in the playoffs. It must suck to be a fan of a shitty team; I mean, I wouldn’t know, but I guess it sucks. This brings up an interesting question; if you had to be a fan of a team that sucked, would you like it to be one like the LOLions who put you out of your misery early in the season, or would you rather a team like the Bears who were, “in the hunt” until late into the season? Of course, if you’re a masochist, you could be a Falcons’ fan. Can you imagine? *shudders*
Big week for on FYS’er, but let’s not talk about him yet. Dabearz scored 3 points, but that still doesn’t put him within striking distance of Gabes who got 2 points to keep the lead. Jmac and 0125 also picked up 2 points each to maintain pace. Nate, BP and myself each grabbed a point, but it’s probably too little too late (until I miraculously nail 5 games this week).
The big mover this week was MiB! His team may suck. He may have a loveless marriage. He doesn’t have a riding lawnmower. His liver is shot. He really doesn’t have a reason to live, but he did nail the Texans @ Buccaneers game and picked up a grand total of 8 points, moving him into a tie for 3rd place and within 6 points of the lead. Due to CYST rules established by lazy people, we don’t go off the all games board, but I’d like to point out that MiB’s big week knocked Gabes out of first place there.
WEEK 16 WRAP UP
- bp, 36, Atlanta Falcons over Jacksonville Jaguars
- dabearz84, 44, Indianapolis Colts over Carolina Panthers
- Flavor Flav, 43, Houston Texans over Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Gabes22, 44, Denver Broncos over Detroit Lions
- jmac34, 44, Indianapolis Colts over Carolina Panthers
(MiB is the only reason this is worth posting.)
Margin of Victory:
- 0125, Denver Broncos over Detroit Lions by 10 points
- dabearz84, Houston Texans over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- Flavor Flav, Houston Texans over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- Flavor Flav, Denver Broncos over Detroit Lions by 10 points
- jmac34, Houston Texans over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
- thenichels, Houston Texans over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 3 points
(Boom! I got a point.)
- 0125, Atlanta Falcons 24 points in a win vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Flavor Flav, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 points in a loss vs. the Houston Texans
- Flavor Flav, Atlanta Falcons 24 points in a win vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars
- Gabes22, Atlanta Falcons 24 points in a win vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars
- natesweet, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20 points in a loss vs. the Houston Texans
- dabearz84, Detroit Lions 17 points in a loss vs. the Denver Broncos
- Flavor Flav, Houston Texans 23 points in a win vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Flavor Flav, Green Bay Packers 23 points in a win vs. the Minnesota Vikings
(See a pattern?)
Against The Grain:
(No MiB here.)
- Flavor Flav, Houston Texans@Tampa Bay Buccaneers
(I wonder if he predicted Winston’s INT’s?)
|NCFN & NFCS Picks|
|FYS User||Total Points||CYST||Points Scored||Spread||ATG||Home||Visitor|
The above only represents games that involved the NFCN or NFCS. If you wish, the leader board for those who weren’t too “busy” to pick all the games is here. This only contains those of you who actually scored a point in CYST. Want to see your name here? Do better and stop sucking like Big Deal who gotten a point in months.
Wondering why some of the names have a different background color? Well, that’s because of a fantastic feature of the CYST site. If you click on My Account on the top right of the CYST site (when you’re logged in), you will see my todo list for that page, but also a color picker. If you choose a color there (and click update), that color will be the background on the site in tables where your name appears.
No NFCN/S game tonight, in fact, no game at all. Thursday night football is over for this season, but we’ll still do CYST on Thursday because fuck you, that’s why. All games are on Sunday for this final week of the regular season, but don’t procrastinate, go make your picks now. No matter if you watch or not, get your butt over to CYST and make a pick for all the games, or be a bitch and just pick the NFCN/S games. Go, go make your picks. How do you get to the site so that you can pick games? Well, that’s a good question. If only there was a uniform resource locator in the form of a hyperlink.
DON’T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR PICKS FOR THIS WEEK’S GAMES