I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi where I learned the three rules of life: Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
Midway point of the season, but not really. Week 9 would be the mid-point if the season was 18 weeks long, but it isn’t; it’s 17 weeks long. The middle of 17 is 8.5, so the midway point of the season was like 3.5 days ago. Why 3.5 days? Well, we define the season by weeks and weeks are 7 days long, and with the mid-point of the season being on week 8.5 (that’s 8 full weeks and 1 half week), the half week works out to 3.5 days. That means the mid-point was sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning…I think. Basic math really. It would be much easier if we had an even number of weeks in the season, but noooo. I bet the NFL uses common core for math.
The Saints roll into their bye week on fire, winning their last 6 and leading the NFCS with a record of 7-1. LSU goes into their bye week en fuego as well, winning all 8 of their contests this year, tied for the lead in the SECW and #1 in the AP poll. The same can’t be said for those poor souls in Georgia. UGA blanked UK, but it was Kentucky and they’re still reeling from that home loss to South Carolina. Things only get worse when they travel to Jacksonville to play the Florida Gators. It may not be the Swamp, but it’s still Florida. That’s the bright spot in the peach state though because the Falcons, an 11 win team according to some, have fallen off the cliff. They have lost their last 6, are firmly in last place of the NFCS at 1-7 and may be tanking for Tua. I don’t really care about the other 2 NFCS teams; I mean, I don’t care about the Falcons or UGA either, but we have fans of theirs here, so LOL them.
Over on the northie side of things, it’s almost the same but not. The Wisconsin Badgers may have dropped their last 2 games and officially eliminated themselves from any playoff hopes, but unlike the UGA fans, Wisconsin fans have a pro team to fall back on. The Packers have won their last 4 and lead the NFCN by 1 game. They really should have lost to Detroit and got lucky af to play KC with the GOAT injured on the sideline, but the scoreboard says they won, so they won. Hot on their heels are the Minnesota Vikings with the #3 defense (ppg) and #10 offense (ppg). Kirk Cousins is actually the second best QB in the league by passer rating; better than the almighty Aaron Rodgers. The Lions are who we thought they were but that’s okay because Ethan is already numb and LKP has the Nationals winning the WS and Penn State (for now). Seems like I’m forgetting something.
Let’s see how you choads (RIPIP Prep) did last week. Lotta, lotta points last week. If Andy was as good as y’all did last week, he’d still be married. I’ve already written too much, so instead of doing the breakdown where I stroke your ego in sentence form, I’m just going to go to the chart of who got what and where. I will point out that we have a new leader on the NFCN/S and someone is tied with me on the All Games board.
Oh yeah, before I forget, NATE FUCKIN’ NAILED IT
WEEK 8 WRAP UP
- Gabes22, 47, Seattle Seahawks over Atlanta Falcons
- natesweet, 55, Green Bay Packers over Kansas City Chiefs
(Fuck these guys.)
Margin of Vctory:
- Gabes22, Green Bay Packers over Kansas City Chiefs by 7 points
- LambeauOrWrigley, Tennessee Titans over Tampa Bay Buccaneers by 4 points
- LambeauOrWrigley, Green Bay Packers over Kansas City Chiefs by 7 points
- natesweet, Green Bay Packers over Kansas City Chiefs by 7 points
(LoW! LoW! LoW! LoW! LoW! )
- bp, Atlanta Falcons 20 points in a loss vs. the Seattle Seahawks
- Flavor Flav, Atlanta Falcons 20 points in a loss vs. the Seattle Seahawks
- Gabes22, Detroit Lions 31 points in a win vs. the New York Giants
- jmac34, Atlanta Falcons 20 points in a loss vs. the Seattle Seahawks
- natesweet, Atlanta Falcons 20 points in a loss vs. the Seattle Seahawks
- natesweet, Tennessee Titans 27 points in a win vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- natesweet, Kansas City Chiefs 24 points in a loss vs. the Green Bay Packers
- thenichels, New Orleans Saints 31 points in a win vs. the Arizona Cardinals
- Curtis Fryer, Washington Redskins 9 points in a loss vs. the Minnesota Vikings
- Curtis Fryer, Green Bay Packers 31 points in a win vs. the Kansas City Chiefs
- Gabes22, Carolina Panthers 13 points in a loss vs. the San Francisco 49’ers
- jmac34, Green Bay Packers 31 points in a win vs. the Kansas City Chiefs
- LKP, Seattle Seahawks 27 points in a win vs. the Atlanta Falcons
- natesweet, Green Bay Packers 31 points in a win vs. the Kansas City Chiefs
(My only points this week. Must cheat better.)
Against The Grain:
- And fail
(Y’all were doing so good.)
- natesweet, Green Bay Packers@Kansas City Chiefs
(I should change how points are calculated for this now that he got it.)
|NCFN & NFCS Picks|
|FYS User||Total Points||CYST||Points Scored||Spread||ATG||Home||Visitor|
The above only represents games that involved the NFCN or NFCS. If you wish, the leader board for those who weren’t too “busy” to pick all the games is here. This only contains those of you who actually scored a point in CYST. Want to see your name here? Do better and stop sucking or you’ll end up like Shooter.
Wondering why some of the names have a different background color? Well, that’s because of a fantastic feature of the CYST site. If you click on My Account on the top right of the CYST site (when you’re logged in), you will see my todo list for that page, but also a color picker. If you choose a color there (and click update), that color will be the background on the site in tables where your name appears.
No NFCN/S game tonight, but it is a NFCW divisional matchup between the 49’ers and Cardinals. Might be interesting to watch, but probably not. Still, get your butt over to CYST and make a pick for all the games, or be a bitch and just pick the NFCN/S games. Go, go make your picks. How do you get to the site so that you can pick games? Well, that’s a good question. If only there was a uniform resource locator in the form of a hyperlink.
DON’T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR PICKS FOR THIS WEEK’S GAMES