After a brief stint without one, our prognosticators again produced a correct final score prediction! The Pantheon heartily welcomes this new name to its halls! Such an amazing feat!
This was also a good week all around for the Pantheon. After back to back weeks of only scoring 11 points, there was a bit of a scoring boom this week. With the help of the three points from the correct final score, our prognosticators scored 26 total points this week. So the roller coaster ride continues, but this time we are on the upswing.
I know that you are all anxious to find out who it was this week (and it was a new name), but if you’ve bothered to read these introductions before you should know I don’t reveal that information up here. You do read these introductory paragraphs, don’t you? Wait…don’t answer that. Instead, let’s just move on to the games for this week.
As always, here is the slate for next week’s games. Simply copy and paste it to the comments, and add your predicted scores after the team names. (Substitute scores for the XX and YY.)
- Chicago Bears XX @ New England Patriots YY
- Detroit Lions XX @ Atlanta Falcons YY
- Minnesota Vikings XX @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers YY
- Seattle Seahawks XX @ Carolina Panthers YY
- Green Bay Packers XX @ New Orleans Saints YY
With all of that out of the way, read on to find out exactly just who Nailed It!
These are the people who have (somehow) correctly predicted the final outcome of a game. The only shot that was called that could be considered more famous than these belongs to Babe Ruth. Bow down before their wisdom! (And make sure you ask them for next week’s lotto numbers.)
- Detroit @ Minnesota – DanOnWis23 correctly predicted that the Packers would defeat the Panthers by a score of 38-17!
These are the ones who correctly predicted the margin by which the victors would best their competition. These are also the ones to consult if you want to bet the spread.
- New Orleans @ Detroit – FalconsFan0125 correctly predicted that the Lions would win by one point.
- Carolina @ Green Bay – cd4packers correctly predicted that the Packers would win by 21 points.
Total combined score
These are those who somehow managed to pick the correct total score but did not have any clue in how the teams would actually get there. Still, if you want to bet an over/under, you could do worse than consulting with them.
- Miami @ Chicago – BearsSaveLives, ethanfitz, MIBearFan and The Real CJammin all correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 41 points.
- Atlanta @ Baltimore – Big Cheese correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 36 points.
- Carolina @ Green Bay – natesweet and TheHairy1 both correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 55 points.
Winning team’s score
- Miami @ Chicago – Building With Clay, Donny33, Preparation_A, and Staffords_Glove all correctly predicted that the Dolphins would score 27 points in a victory.
- Minnesota @ Buffalo – bp, curtisfryer_p, ethanfitz, MIBearFan, MKE, natradamus, Preparation_A, and smtate all correctly predicted that the Bills would score 17 points in a victory.
- New Orleans @ Detroit – smtate correctly predicted that the Lions would score 24 points in a victory.
- Carolina @ Green Bay – SDL correctly predicted that the Packers would score 38 points in a victory.
Against the grain
Oftentimes, our picks will be unanimous. However, there are those who will sometimes walk their own path.
- None this week.
ESPN The Magazine
In their NFL preview issue, the writers at ESPN The Magazine predicted the score for every single NFL game to be played in the regular season. Let’s see how they did this week. Here are their predictions:
- Miami Dolphins 7 @ Chicago Bears 31
- Atlanta Falcons 6 @ Baltimore Ravens 21
- Minnesota Vikings 17 @ Buffalo Bills 24
- New Orleans Saints 34 @ Detroit Lions 10
- Carolina Panthers 6 @ Green Bay Packers 23
After scoring two points last week, the “pros” went back to their scoreless ways this week. They did not get anything right (again), and so are still sitting at 4 points for the year. With a good week for the Pantheon, we now have 16 of our prognosticators that have matched, or exceeded their point total.
Week 7 Leaderboard
Now on to the leaderboard!
There was not much movement, just some shuffling on the leaderboard this week. With two points scored for the second week straight, smtate now has seven points on the season and has moved into a tie for first. The others with seven points so are are FalconsFan0125, and natesweet, with both scoring one point this week.
There are still plenty more people that have a chance to appear on the leaderboard in the near future. Currently there are seven people just off of the leaderboard with five points, and four more with four points. One strong week from any of these people will have their names up here.
With that said, here is the leaderboard after Week 7 (in the case of a tie, the names are arranged alphabetically):
- FalconsFan0125 – seven points
- natesweet – seven points
- smtate – seven points
- Maized and Confused – six points
- thebaskett – six points
Again, I just wanted to give one last big shoutout to DanOnWis23 for his correct final score prediction! His three points from this prediction brought him to five for the season, so he is just off the leaderboard. But still, it is always great to see another name added to the vaunted halls of the Pantheon. Congratulations!
Now that we’ve properly congratulated him, let’s give a little congratulatory clap to all the others who are listed in this article. Or not. Your choice.
If you would like to have your name forever enshrined in the vast expanse that is the internet, simply call your shot in the comment section below for the games of the NFC North and the NFC South. I will be reviewing the comments and keeping track as the season goes on. And who knows? Maybe you’ll even see your name in the leaderboard!
If you cannot call your shots on Thursday, as is custom, it is still possible to participate. As long as your called shots are posted to the comments of this article before the games start, I will include them.