I decided, due to a lack of time (and general laziness) to approach this week’s Nailed It! with the same fervor and excitement exhibited by my favorite team in their game last weekend.
There was a correct final score prediction. Way to go, MKE. When asked, our GM said that MKE’s elite, and not just in salary.
We had a good week of practice, and our coaches are involved, and amazing at what they so. So, through their leadership we scored a total of 18 points scored this week. Yay. New names for the Pantheon.
I believe in this system, and know that it will produce better results through the same actions next week.
Great, now let us now focus on to the games for this week.
As always, here is the slate for next week’s games. Simply copy and paste it to the comments, and add your predicted scores after the team names. (Substitute scores for the XX and YY.)
- Minnesota Vikings XX @ Chicago Bears YY
- Philadelphia Eagles XX @ Green Bay Packers YY
- Atlanta Falcons XX @ Carolina Panthers YY
- Cincinnati Bengals XX @ New Orleans Saints YY
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers XX @ Washington Redskins YY
- Detroit Lions XX @ Arizona Cardinals YY
With all of that out of the way, read on to find exactly who Nailed It!
These are the people who have (somehow) correctly predicted the final outcome of a game. The only shot that was called that could be considered more famous than these belongs to Babe Ruth. Bow down before their wisdom! (And make sure you ask them for next week’s lotto numbers.)
- Atlanta @ Tampa Bay – MKE correctly predicted that the Falcons would defeat the Buccaneers by a score of 27-17!
These are the ones who correctly predicted the margin by which the victors would best their competition. These are also the ones to consult if you want to bet the spread.
- Miami @ Detroit – The Real CJammin correctly predicted that the Lions would win by four points.
- Atlanta @ Tampa Bay – BearsSaveLives, Big Cheese, Staffords_Glove, and The Real CJammin all correctly predicted that the Falcons would win by 10 points.
Total combined score
These are those who somehow managed to pick the correct total score but did not have any clue in how the teams would actually get there. Still, if you want to bet an over/under, you could do worse than consulting with them.
- San Francisco @ New Orleans – bp, jmac3444, and LambeauOrWrigley all correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 51 points.
- Atlanta @ Tampa Bay – curtisfryer_p and thebaskett both correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 44 points.
Winning team’s score
- Atlanta @ Tampa Bay – adambballn, niemerg1, and reggie all correctly predicted that the Falcons would score 27 points in a victory.
Against the grain
Oftentimes, our picks will be unanimous. However, there are those who will sometimes walk their own path.
- None this week.
ESPN The Magazine
In their NFL preview issue, the writers at ESPN The Magazine predicted the score for every single NFL game to be played in the regular season. Let’s see how they did this week. Here are their predictions:
- Miami Dolphins 9 @ Detroit Lions 27
- San Francisco 49ers 6 @ New Orleans Saints 13
- Atlanta Falcons 19 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 22
- Chicago Bears 31 @ Green Bay Packers 10
- Carolina Panthers 34 @ Philadelphia Eagles 24
The “pros” scored one point this week by correctly predicting that the Lions and Dolphins would combine for 36 total points. That brings them now to 5 points for the year. We have 14 of our prognosticators that have matched, or exceeded their point total.
Week 10 Leaderboard
Now on to the leaderboard!
The big mover this week was MKE. With the three points he received for his correct final score prediction, he now has seven on the season. This also allowed him to jump a few spots, and into a tie for second place. The only other movement came from curtisfryer_p and thebaskett. With one point each, they also moved into the tie for second place.
There are still plenty more people that have a chance to appear on the leaderboard in the near future. Currently there are five people just off of the leaderboard with six points, and three more with five points. One strong week from any of these people could have their names up here.
With that said, here is the leaderboard after Week 10 (in the case of a tie, the names are arranged alphabetically):
- natesweet – nine points
- curtisfryer_p – seven points
- FalconsFan0125 – seven points
- MKE – seven points
- smtate – seven points
- thebaskett – seven points
Again, I just wanted to give one last big shoutout to MKE for his correct final score prediction! He is the fifth correct final score for the season. Amazing! And, as always, it is great to see another name added to the vaunted halls of the Pantheon. Congratulations!.
Now that we’ve congratulated him, let’s give a little congratulatory clap to all the people who are listed in this article. Or not. Your choice.
If you would like to have your name forever enshrined in the vast expanse that is the internet, simply call your shot in the comment section below for the games of the NFC North and the NFC South. I will be reviewing the comments and keeping track as the season goes on. And who knows? Maybe you’ll even see your name in the leaderboard!
If you cannot call your shots on Thursday, as is custom, it is still possible to participate. As long as your called shots are posted to the comments of this article before the games start, I will include them.