We’re getting down to crunch time. Only eight teams are left, so the chances of adding your name to the Pantheon are dwindling. But I have faith in our prognosticators that they can and will succeed in the coming weeks.
Last week, we scored nine points. While this is not a good week for the regular season, it is only two points less than was scored by our prognosticators over the course of all the playoffs in 2013. So that makes it a rounding success! Let’s keep the momentum going this postseason, and add even more names to the halls of the Pantheon.
So, without further ado, bring on the Divisional Round!
As always, here is the slate for next week’s games. Simply copy and paste it to the comments, and add your predicted scores after the team names. (Substitute scores for the XX and YY.)
- Baltimore Ravens XX @ New England Patriots YY
- Carolina Panthers XX @ Seattle Seahawks YY
- Dallas Cowboys XX @ Green Bay Packers YY
- Indianapolis Colts XX @ Denver Broncos YY
With all of that out of the way, read on to find exactly who Nailed It!
These are the people who have (somehow) correctly predicted the final outcome of a game. The only shot that was called that could be considered more famous than these belongs to Babe Ruth. Bow down before their wisdom! (And make sure you ask them for next week’s lotto numbers.)
- None this week.
These are the ones who correctly predicted the margin by which the victors would best their competition. These are also the ones to consult if you want to bet the spread.
- Arizona @ Carolina – Established in 1965 and MKE both correctly predicted that the Panthers would win by 11 points.
- Detroit @ Dallas – natesweet correctly predicted that the Cowboys would win by four points.
Total combined score
These are those who somehow managed to pick the correct total score but did not have any clue in how the teams would actually get there. Still, if you want to bet an over/under, you could do worse than consulting with them.
- Arizona @ Carolina – Staffords_Glove correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 43 points.
- Baltimore @ Pittsburgh – Staffords_Glove correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 47 points.
- Detroit @ Dallas – MKE and sgunderson17 both correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 44 points
Winning team’s score
- Detroit @ Dallas – Established in 1965 and LaCW both correctly predicted that the Cowboys would win with a score of 24 points.
Against the grain
Oftentimes, our picks will be unanimous. However, there are those who will sometimes walk their own path.
- None this week.
Wild Card Leaderboard
Now on to the leaderboard!
The big mover of the week was MKE with his two points. He, along with LaCW who scored one point, moved into a three way tie for third place with 12 points. Also, by scoring another point this week, natesweet moved into sole possession of second place, and inched even closer to the leader. Maybe he will pass him over these next few weeks? I can’t wait to find out.
Unfortunately, with MKE and LaCW moving up, that knocked both curtisfryer_p and FalconsFan0125 off of the leaderboard. These two have been on it since week 1, but as of right now their 10 points just don’t quite make the cut. However, there is still a chance for them, and a few others to see their names on the leaderboard in these last few weeks. Good luck!
With that said, here is the leaderboard after Wild Card Weekend (in the case of a tie, the names are arranged alphabetically):
- Maized and Confused – 15 points
- natesweet – 13 points
- smtate – 12 points
- LaCW – 12 points
- MKE – 12 points
Let’s give a little congratulatory clap to all the people who are listed in this article. Or not. Your choice.
If you would like to have your name forever enshrined in the vast expanse that is the internet, simply call your shot in the comment section below for the games of the playoffs. I will be reviewing the comments and keeping track as the season goes on. And who knows? Maybe you’ll even see your name in the leaderboard!
If you cannot call your shots on Thursday, as is custom, it is still possible to participate. As long as your called shots are posted to the comments of this article before the games start, I will include them.