While the Bears, and their usually reliable kicker, continue to disappoint, our prognosticators most certainly do not. These last two weeks have been pretty good for the Pantheon. Two weeks ago, our prognosticators scored 12 points. Not the best week, but not the worst either. However, just this last week, we had a great one. There were 17 points scored by our prognosticators, including two more correct final scores! The Pantheon is always glad to welcome those names to its vaunted halls. That now brings the season total for correct final score predictions to ten, which is one of the best years in the history of the Pantheon! There are still three weeks left in the regular season, too. So we will have plenty more chances to see if we can get that number even higher!
Anyway, enough of my rambling, bring on the games!
As always, here is the slate for next week’s games. Simply copy and paste it to the comments, and add your predicted scores after the team names. (Substitute scores for the XX and YY.)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers XX @ St. Louis Rams YY
- Chicago Bears XX @ Minnesota Vikings YY
- Atlanta Falcons XX @ Jacksonville Jaguars YY
- Carolina Panthers XX @ New York Giants YY
- Green Bay Packers XX @ Oakland Raiders YY
- Detroit Lions XX @ New Orleans Saints
Once you have called your shots down below, please update the spreadsheet. Here is the link. (Only update the cells in your own column.)
A quick reminder that the game between Tampa Bay and St. Louis is a Thursday night game. So please be sure to have your prediction for that game updated in the spreadsheet before it begins, as it will be locked when they do.
With all of that out of the way, read on to find exactly who Nailed It!
These are the people who have (somehow) correctly predicted the final outcome of a game. The only shot that was called that could be considered more famous than these belongs to Babe Ruth. Bow down before their wisdom! (And make sure you ask them for next week’s lotto numbers.)
- Week 14: Detroit @ St. Louis – Natesweet correctly predicted that the Rams would defeat the Lions with a score of 21-14!
- Week 14: Washington @ Chicago – BP correctly predicted that the Redskins would defeat the Bears by a score of 24-21!
These are the ones who correctly predicted the margin by which the victors would best their competition. These are also the ones to consult if you want to bet the spread.
- Week 13: Green Bay @ Detroit – SDL correctly predicted that the Packers would win by four points.
- Week 13: Atlanta @ Tampa Bay – Gabes222, Maized and Confused, and MKE all correctly predicted that the Buccaneers would win by four points.
- Week 14: Detroit @ St. Louis – G & G correctly predicted that the Rams would win by seven points.
- Week 14: Washington @ Chicago – Gabes222 correctly predicted that the Redskins would win by three points.
Total combined score
These are those who somehow managed to pick the correct total score but did not have any clue in how the teams would actually get there. Still, if you want to bet an over/under, you could do worse than consulting with them.
- Week 13: Green Bay @ Detroit – Donny Donowitz III Esquire correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 50 points.
- Week 13: San Francisco @ Chicago – sgunderson17 correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 46 points.
- Week 13: Seattle @ Minnesota – FF0125 and Reggie both correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 45 points.
- Week 14: New Orleans @ Tampa Bay – Gabes222 correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 41 points.
- Week 14: Atlanta @ Carolina – FF0125 correctly predicted that the teams would combine to score 38 points.
Winning team’s score
- Week 13: Green Bay @ Detroit – Gabes222, MIB, and Natesweet all correctly predicted that the Packers would score 27 points in a victory.
- Week 13: Atlanta @ Tampa Bay – Reggie correctly predicted that the Buccaneers would win with a score of 23 points.
- Week 14: Detroit @ St. Louis – FF0125 correctly predicted that the Rams would score 21 points in a victory.
- Week 14: New Orleans @ Tampa Bay – Natesweet correctly predicted that the Saints would score 24 points in a victory.
- Week 14: Atlanta @ Carolina – BP, DanOnWis, and Nichels all correctly predicted that the Panthers would win with a score of 38 points.
- Week 14: Dallas @ Green Bay – Natesweet and Staffords_Glove both correctly predicted that the Packers would score 28 points in a victory.
Against the grain
Oftentimes, our picks will be unanimous. However, there are those who will sometimes walk their own path.
- None either week.
There was no Special Event Category contest this week.
Week 14 Leaderboard
Now on to the leaderboard!
At the end of week 13, there was no change to the leaderboard. The top five stayed the same, but only the top three positions scored any points. With Gabes222 scoring two points in week 13 to MIB’s and MKE’s one point each, he was able to extend his lead a bit.
However, the leaderboard was shaken up after week 14. With great weeks by both Natesweet and BP, with five and four points each, as well correct final score predictions, those two rocketed up into second and third place on the leaderboard. They might have taken the top spot, but Gabes222 scored two more points in week 14 to maintain his lead again, and even stretch it out just a bit more. Unfortunately, this movement knocked ALLSAINTSROW and Jmac34 off of the leaderboard. But one good week from them, the two more with nine points, or the three with eight points, and we could be seeing their names up on the leaderboard.
With that said, here is the leaderboard after Week 14 (in the case of a tie, the names are arranged alphabetically):
- Gabes222 – 15 points
- Natesweet – 13 points
- BP – 11 points
- MIB – 11 points
- MKE – 11 points
I just want to give another shoutout to both BP and Natesweet for their correct final score predictions! With these two, we now have a nice even ten correct final score predictions on the year! That is incredible! I still think we can get even more, though, so let’s keep them coming!
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s give a little congratulatory clap to all the people who are listed in this article. Or not. Your choice.
If you would like to have your name forever enshrined in the vast expanse that is the internet, simply call your shot in the comment section below for the games of the NFC North and NFC South. Once you have done that, please update the spreadsheet using the link provided. I will be reviewing the spreadsheet and keeping track as the season goes on. And who knows? Maybe you’ll even see your name in the leaderboard!
If you cannot call your shots on Thursday, as is custom, it is still possible to participate. As long as your called shots are posted to the spreadsheet before it gets locked at the start of the games, I will include them.